Black Women's Mental Wealth Academy
A Reading Circle for Promoting Resilience
The Black Women's Mental Wealth Academy: A Reading Circle for Promoting Resilience was created for Black women who love to read, and who enjoy reading the world through books. Our sister circle is a collective of Black women who are dedicated to self-empowerment, community uplift, and resilience. Our reading circle is specific to women who READ (yes, we are intellectual activists/girl advocates) to serve Black women and girls as educators, researchers, activists, community leaders, mothers, spiritual teachers, coaches, etc.
Our reading circle was conceived of during a pandemic, by women out here doing the work! Do you love social distancing from extreme unchecked capitalism, but miss the intellectual stimulation that comes from interacting with other like-minded people? Do you like the idea of using reading as a medium for personal and spiritual growth? Well, we do too!
To create a "safer" space, currently our circle is only open to women (17+) of African ancestry. This group is facilitated by Dr. Venus E. Evans-Winters a education and gender scholar, published author, speaker, certified clinical trauma professional, and psychotherapist in private practice with more than 10 years of experience.
Enroll today to begin a journey in increasing your mental wealth and strengthening your circle of support during a time of unprecedented stress!!
Our reading circle hosted by the Planet Venus Institute includes:
- Access to the Black Women's Mental Wealth Academy!
- Weekly 1-hour group book discussions and Q&A sessions!
- A schedule created by Dr. V so you know how to design your own action plan for change!
- Worksheets and handouts that will help increase self-awareness and improve your wellness routine!
- Direct access to me, Dr. V, as your course facilitator and wellness coach including all my knowledge as a professor, clinical therapist, health and wellness coach, and meditation teacher!
- My unwavering enthusiasm, dedication, and passion to help Black women achieve and thrive in the face of a pandemic!
- Opportunities to network and meet other fabulous Black women to help support their projects!
- Did I mention the AFFORDABLE RATE??!! My sister-friends and I wanted this support circle to be offered at a no-excuse rate. We doing this for the culture!! Okay, actually for Black girls and women (and we are the culture)!
Dr. V is the founder and creator of "The Planet Venus Institute". She writes and teaches in the areas of African American culture, Black feminist thought, critical race theory, educational policy, and qualitative inquiry. With years of experience as a psychotherapist (View my profile on Psychology Today!) and a certified clinical trauma professional, Dr. Evans-Winters embraces resilience-building practices throughout her work. Learn more about Dr. V and her publications at https://www.venusevanswinters.com/.